Free tomato Plants for Napa County Schools!
Up to 12 free Tomato Plants per Napa County School. Available spring 2016.
Also, free vegetable seeds (various varieties while supplies last)
Please email us at email@example.com for more information and sign-up.
*Plant tomato seeds indoors about 6-8 weeks before outdoor planting.
Try to plant your seeds before April 1st.
The time to plant tomato plants in Napa is May thru June.
- First get a plastic 16oz drink cup and put a small hole in the bottom.
- Fill the cup with potting soil and pack lightly.
- Moisten the soil and make a pencil eraser size hole in the soil. (Yes, you can use a pencil with an eraser)
- Place your seed in hole, cover with tiny pinch of soil. (Do not compact soil)
- Cover your cup with plastic wrap.
- Keep your seed moist. Moist but not dripping wet.
- Keep your seed in a warm and sunny place. (60-70 degrees room temperature)
- When your seed starts to sprout into a plant remove the plastic wrap.
- When you plant is 6 to 8 weeks old plant your new tomato plant in your garden or into a large pot or tub that has a hole in the bottom and full sun.
- Take care of your plant by making sure it has water everyday.
- When you take care of your tomato it will give you fruit for you to eat.
Have fun taking care of your seed and then taking care of your plant and then enjoy eating your wonderful tomatoes!!